Plant selection can give either a lush or more sculptural feeling to your garden balancing flowering trees and shrubs with other textures and colors of grasses and foliage.
Click an image to enlarge & view full caption
1. Strong planting behind the stone wall gives a sense of tranquility to this secluded getaway.
2. Flowering cherry trees flank the oiled hardwood platform steps.
3. Garden beds tier up to a double planted laurel hedge hiding a sound attenuation barrier to reduce traffic noise.
4. A meandering boardwalk leads through the garden to a limestone fire pit and decked area.
5. A pond with waterfall is set amongst a mix of perennial cutting flowers and water plants.
6. Formal stucco block walls and exposed aggregate path are softened by plantings.
7. Vibrant flowers contrast the beach stone. Duck boards lead to a novel “dockside” seating area.
8. An antique, cast iron urn holds water plants and sits in a flower bed edged by boxwood.
9. The custom seating around this ancient tree is a peaceful place amongst the varied textures & colors.