Landscape Feature Project
Complete rebuild of half acre grounds. Objectives developed in concert with the client, were
– Create a series of linked rooms which would allow both intimate and expansive entertaining.
– Delineate private and visitor areas without the use of barriers such as fences.
– Address the existing lack of drainage.
– Reduce traffic noise from the street.
– Maximize the use of existing mature trees and sight lines
Sensitive to the architecture of the original building the design includes a primary entertaining area on the upper level of thermal bluestone paving with overflow capability onto the adjoining grass and adjacent firepit area.
Additional “rooms” include a private patio off the owner’s bedroom and a private patio off the living room.
Traffic noise was addressed using a combination of tiered plantings, hedges and sound attenuation barriers.
Drainage was addressed by a combination of regrading and water catchment with diversion using buried pipes. All plants and stone were sourced locally.
Click an image to enlarge & view full caption